Around this time, our son was starting baseball again and our daughter was still in dance yet so our time to work on our project was cut back. We worked on it when we could but it was taking a lot longer to get done than we had anticipated. I was terrified that our flock would outgrow their brooder in the garage before we had it done for them.
Spring rains weren't helping us to get done either. It always seemed to want to rain when we had some spare time to work. I, being a stay at home mom, worked on what I could, when I could. I got pretty good with a circular saw and cutting plywood :) Slowly but surely, our coop was coming together. With all the rain, everything was getting really wet so we decided it was time to start the next big adventure....get the roof on.
We knew we couldn't get everything done perfect but we did the best we could. We put linoleum donw on the floor, the roosts with poop boards underneath went in and also were covered in linoleum for easy cleaning. We blocked the holes for the nest boxes with hardware cloth and built the big access door on the side. The opposite side, we just covered in plywood for the time being. I'm very thankful that we did that though. Now, it'll be easy to add an addition to the coop on that side :)